What is RUO?
RUO is the Institutional Repository of the University of Oviedo. Its goal is to provide, when possible, the open Access to the scientific production as well as to guaranty the preservation of the digital objects. As a result, all documents are stored and preserved to increase the visibility of all the content created by the members of the institution.
Other complementary goals to those indicated are the archive, storage and custody of all the materials as well as the increase of its use and dissemination.
How is RUO structured?
The Institutional Repository of the University of Oviedo organizes its content in four communities divided into collections:
- Research datasets
- Researches and OpenAIRE documents
- Full text Doctoral Thesis
- Collections of the different departments
- University Institutes
- Uniovi Publications
- Audiovisual and media resources
- Digitized Bibliographic Heritage. DIGIBUO
- Bibliographic production of Uniovi. RECOPILA
- Academic Works
What advantages does RUO offer me?
- Guaranties the long term preservation of items
- Increases the diffusion and the visibility of documents
- Provides a permanent link to the work that guaranties its recovery
Commitment with the Open Access
The University of Oviedo is committed with the Open Access and the dissemination of the scientific information; it encourages researchers to include their works in RUO. This commitment of the institution is reflected in the Open Access Policy that can be consulted HERE
RUO follows the principles of Open Access so all the authors retain their copyright and can disseminate its works in other media if they wish.
By depositing the document, the author accepts a non-exclusive license by which he/she authorizes the University to allow access and diffusing the deposited material.
Researchers must deposit their works in RUO in order to comply with the national and international regulation of Open Access in the following cases:
- Doctoral Thesis. Real decreto 99/2011, de 28 de enero, por el que se regulan las enseñanzas oficiales de doctorado
- Scientific papers result of researches linked to the National Plans created after the aprove of the Ley de la Ciencia, la tecnología y la Innovación. Ley 14/2011, de 1 de junio, wich adresses Open Access disemmination in the art.37
- Scientific papers resulting of researches linked to European Funds (7th Framework and Horizon 2020). H2020 General Model Grant Agreement (version 3.2 21 March 2017)